Please note that our Services may contain links that may take you to sites operated by a third party other than Kelly, Realtors. If you click on one of these links, you understand that this policy no longer applies. We have no control over third-party sites or their operation.
What is personal information?
Personal information means any information relating to an identifiable individual. Personal information also includes sensitive personal information such as a first name or initial and last name in combination with any of the following:
- Birth date
- Social security number or other government issued identification number
- Telecommunication access devices as defined by Section 32.51, Penal Code, including debit or credit card information
- Financial institution account number, routing code, or any other financial information; or
- Account number or credit or debit card number in combination with any required security code, access code, or password that would permit access to an individual’s financial account.
How is personal information collected or obtained?
We may collect your personal information if you:
- Speak with our staff at meetings or events
- Create or update an account or profile
- Contact us for customer service or for other business purposes
- Purchase our products or services
- Pay dues or other fees
- Register for our meetings or events
- Volunteer, are nominated for, or serve on any of our governing or advisory bodies, including committees, working groups, or task forces
In these instances, you will know what data we collect, because you will submit it.
We may also collect publicly available demographic data you have submitted to us.
When you visit our Services, our servers also collect information from or about the computer, phone or other device on which you access our Services, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet; browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Services, including date and time; cookie number; Services you viewed; your searches on our Services; and the phone number you used to call us if you call us. During some visits, we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. Unless you also actively submit personal information to us, any information that is collected this way typically does not allow us to identify you personally.
How and when is the personal information used?
We use personal information that we collect about you to:
- Respond to your inquiries
- Provide requested services and information
- Customize your experiences while using our Services
- Inform you of current issues affecting the real estate industry
- Notify you of updates to our services, products, and upcoming events and programs
- Process your payments
- Complete orders for products and services
- Track usage of our Services
- Discharge our contractual obligations to you
- Secure and improve the performance of our Services
- Comply with any legal obligations that apply to us
We may use personal information about you collected from publicly available sources and combine it with other personal information we have collected about you, to complete your membership or account profile, increase our visibility, and provide information to our members regarding opinions and influencing factors among homeowners and other consumers.
How is personal information protected?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We protect paper records containing sensitive personal information under lock and key. We protect electronic records containing sensitive personal information under an access name and password assigned to our employees. Sensitive personal information in electronic records, such as credit card or debit card numbers, is encrypted.
Who has access to the personal information?
- We may use companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as to send email, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, tailor communications, process credit or debit card payments, and provide customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We may partner with companies and individuals to provide benefits or discounts to our members. They have access to personal information needed to identify and/or market the services to our members, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We disclose personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law or to cooperate with law enforcement; to comply with or enforce our agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kelly, Realtors®, our members, or others.
- Other than as set out above, we will get your consent as required by law before disclosing your personal information to a third party.
What is the method of disposal of personal information?
Personal information is retained and disposed of under our record retention policy, our agreements, and/or applicable law. Typically, this means we keep your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless law requires or permits a longer period.
We use reasonable measures to dispose of personal information. Sensitive personal information is usually disposed of by shredding documents, erasing electronic files by means that make the files unreadable or undecipherable, or by eradicating the information from documents or electronic files in ways that make the personal information unreadable.
How Can You Access, Change, or Delete Personal Information, and Exercise Other Rights?
If you have an account or profile on our Services, please note that our Services give you access to update, change, or remove certain information. You may adjust your email subscription settings by visiting your account profile and settings or by clicking on the preference or unsubscribe link in the communication. If you unsubscribe from communications, please note that we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes, including but not limited to, customer service issues or questions regarding a specific inquiry you made to us.
Otherwise, to access, change, or delete other personal information or exercise other rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may need to keep certain information as required or allowed by law.
This following applies to individuals protected by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) who access our Services or otherwise provide us with personal information.
Stewart R Kelly Real Estate Inc, DBA Kelly, Realtors, DBA Campus, Realtors, DBA Legacy Approved Properties is the controller of the personal information you provide to us and such information is housed on servers in the United States.
What Are Our Legal Bases for Processing Personal Information?
We process your personal information on several different legal bases, as follows:
- Consent: If we are required to obtain your consent to process your personal information, we may perform such processing on the basis of your consent. In such cases, you may withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of prior processing. Providing your consent is voluntary, but we may not be able to provide you with a service for which we require your consent until we obtain it.
- Contract Performance: We may process your personal information as necessary to comply with or perform our contractual obligations or to take steps requested by a contracting party prior to entering into a contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may process your personal information as necessary to comply with relevant laws, regulatory requirements, and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your personal information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests. In these cases, we will ensure that your interests do not override our legitimate interests.
What Data Subject Rights Do You Have?
Under the GDPR, you may have the following rights:
- The right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal data.
- The right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask us to erase your personal data.
- The right to request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- The right to obtain your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable form which you have provided to us, and to reuse it for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or direct marketing.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated November 16, 2020.